ZEISS solution for virtual education
Get your samples digitized and give your students access for online teaching and learning
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, universities are closed and therefore push teaching activities towards online teaching formats.
- Classroom teaching of microscopy related topics is not possible at this moment, searching for new formats is in progress.
- ZEISS can offer support and a solution: “Virtual slide box”, a virtual education package for virtual slide learning.
- Get your samples digitized and give your students access for online teaching and learning.
Here is how it works:
Send up to 100 samples suitable for brightfield to ZEISS.
ZEISS will digitize your samples with Axio Scan.Z1. You get your digital samples, and your sample box returns to your office.
Buy ZEISS ZEN Data Storage with installation on your server by ZEISS Service. Annotate and upload your digital slides for your education.
Your students download free of charge ZEISS ZEN Data Explorer on their mobile device or access the server via browser.
Your students have access to your digitized slides and teaching and learning goes on.
ZEN Data Storage
- makes your images, templates, forms and reports accessible in one central database
- builds upon your existing server infrastructure and keeps your data in one place, facilitating the implementation of backup and data security plans
- brings central server-based user management to your university and connects all your students
- helps to organize multi-user environment and to access roles
ZEN Data Explorer
- is a free of charge image browser to view and annotate images
- gives you freedom to explore, view, share and work on images stored in ZEN Data Storage
- provides you an overview of the images with the gallery view and to navigate through single images
- runs as App on smartphones/ tablets as well on Window PCs
- allows for working with multidimensional images on a server from a remote location and from different platforms.